MY SHELL: Where I Keep On Ranting

-♥♥♥-

I always thought that I’ve A PERFECT LIFE. But one thing that I’ve discovered as I go along with life is this, that there can never be such thing as PERFECT. Some things in life will just make us cry, sad, alone but in the long run they will make us smile and happy. Life is just amazing. I was wrong. The beauty of life lies within its IMPERFECTION. The least that I can do is MASTER THE FACT THAT NO ONE CAN LIVE LIFE PERFECTLY.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Miss Universe Noong Early 90's

We always say that beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder. Such that international beauty pageants or any pageants for that matter are picking up not just the most beautiful contestant based on the known standards but the wittiest as well. The wit of a person can be recognized with how one walks, smiles and most importantly talks.

So here's another Miss Universe answer trail from 1990 to 1994.

MONA GRUDT
Miss Norway
Miss Universe 1990
Shubert Theatre, Los Angeles, California, USA

QUESTION:

If you were a judge tonight, who would you vote for to be the new Miss Universe and why?

ANSWER:

I think it's a very difficult to answer on that but then I think Miss Finland because she's always in a good mood and always kind to everybody and cheering everybody up when they're down.




LUPITA JONES
Miss Mex
ico
Miss Universe 1991
Aladdin Theatre for the Performing Arts, Las Vegas, Nevada

QUESTION:


What is the most difficult problem facing your country today and what do you think should be done about it?

ANSWER:

Well I think the most recently thing we have in our hands is the free trade we are working on it and I thin
k it will be hard for my country because we have to compete with very advanced technology from other countries that are recent than we are. But I know we're gonna make it. I know we are a big country and our people are great so I feel hope with my people.

MICHELLE MCLEAN
Miss Namibia
Miss Universe 1992
Queen Sirikit Nationa
l Convention Center, Bangkok, Thailand

QUESTION:

If you became leader of your country tomorrow what is the first thing you would do?

ANSWER:

I would speak to the children, tell them that I am for them because they are the foundation of our every nation and I'd like them to know that I am for them.



DAYANARA TORRES
Miss Puerto Rico
Miss Universe 2003
Auditorio Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico

(Youtube cut the translation part of Dayanara's answer. So I asked my spanish speaking friend LUGAY from UP Diliman to do the translation for me. Thanks Gay!!!)

QUESTION:

If you were to become Miss Universe, what is the single most important thing you would want to accomplish?

ANSWER:

Dayanara: tendriamos cruzar nuestro pasado para trabajar bien fuerte en nuestro presente para un mejor futuro del mundo, y pienso que la que primero haria seria que hablar la joventud, y con los niños, que sabe la futuro del mundo, dare el amor y los consejos que ellos necesitan, porque seguiremos un mejor mundo tenemos que trabajar con ellos que son su futuro.

We ought to cross the bridge from our past, painstakingly work in the present for a better future. I think that the first thing that i will do is to talk to
the youth and the children who, you all know, are the future of our world. I will give them love and the guidance that they need. If we are after a better world, we should work with them who are our future.

AS REQUESTED... HERE'S SUSHMITA SEN'S ANSWER TO HER MISS UNIVERSE QUESTION...

SUSHMITA SEN
Miss India
Miss Universe 1994
Philippine International Convention Center, Manila, Philippines

QUESTION:

What is for you is the essence of being a woman?

ANSWER:

Ahm... I think being a woman by itself, the very fact that your a woman is a gift of God that all of us must appreciate. The origin of a child is a mother and is a woman. And a woman is the one who shares love and who shares and show the man what love, caring and sharing is all about. That is the essence of being a woman.

Diba??? A round of applause to these women who were able to show to the world the woman's worth. They are not just house people who will take good care of the children, clean the house and all that. They are concerned citizens too who can make a big difference in the development of a country.

12 comments:

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

Lupita Jones became the first crowned Miss Universe from Mexico. Two years after, the Miss Universe was held in Mexico. :)

Clinton John Magdales said...

sushmita sen...sarap!

Dondie Gado said...

wow... memorizon nako na... hahah

ralph laguindam said...

perfect!! y didnt u include my answer?!?! i hate you gurl!!!

Ron Jalmasco said...

ordinary ang beauty ni miss namibia! i love dayanara's answer. panalo!

alfred compra said...

inluded ka oi..next entry ni kit ang MISS UNIVERSE Ratatouille edition YAWYAW!

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

ganon??? hmmm... :)

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

hahahah... memorizon gyud... in preparation for miss gay university 2009??? hahaha

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

unsa imong answer dai??? kadtong sa post halloween? hahaha... sige sige... e apil nako to dire...

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

ganon??? panalo talaga si dayanara... she was still 17 years old that time. siya daw ana ang youngest miss universe...

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

hahahaha... ilike the miss universe ratatouille edition... puwede. gina away ka ralph!!! hahaha... next thread nako kay winning answers sa miss gay university... can somebody help me out with that?

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

O... Eto na ha...

Question No. 1: How do you manage stress gracefully?

Ralph's winning answer: Thank you for that wonderful question.. how do i mange stress gracefully? how do i manage? how do i?how do? how? thank you!

hahahaha...