MY SHELL: Where I Keep On Ranting

-♥♥♥-

I always thought that I’ve A PERFECT LIFE. But one thing that I’ve discovered as I go along with life is this, that there can never be such thing as PERFECT. Some things in life will just make us cry, sad, alone but in the long run they will make us smile and happy. Life is just amazing. I was wrong. The beauty of life lies within its IMPERFECTION. The least that I can do is MASTER THE FACT THAT NO ONE CAN LIVE LIFE PERFECTLY.

Monday, January 19, 2009

A Story of Friendship

Mark was walking home from school one day when he noticed the boy ahead of him had tripped and dropped all of the books he was carrying, along with two sweaters, a baseball bat, a glove and a small tape recorder. Mark knelt down and helped the boy picked up the scattered articles. Since they were going the same way, he helped to carry part of the burden. As they walked, Mark discovered the boy's name was Bill, that he loved video games, baseball and history, and that he was having lots of trouble with this other subjects and that he had just broken up with his girlfriend.

They arrived at Bill's home first and Mark was invited in for a Coke and to watch some television. The afternoon passed pleasantly with a few laughs and some shared small talk, then Mark went home.

They continued to see each other around school, had lunch together once or twice, then both graduated from junior high school. They ended up in the same high school where they had brief contact over the years.

Finally, the long awaited senior year came and three weeks before graduation, Bill asked Mark if they could talk. Bill reminded him of the day years ago when they had first met. "Did you ever wonder why I was carrying so many things home that day?" asked Bill. "You see, I cleaned out my locker because I didn't want to leave a mess for anyone else. I had stored away some of my mother's sleeping pills and I was going home to commit suicide. But after we spent some time together talking and laughing, I realised that if I had killed myself, I would have missed that time and so many others that might follow. So you see Mark, when you picked up those books that day, you did a lot more, you saved my life."


By John W. Schlatter

-------------------------------------

I saw this story posted on my first ever secret blog. I created that blog 5 years ago and it's part of my secret. Hehehe...

The story is indeed sooo touching. Sometimes in our lives, we're able to meet someone who will make a big difference in us without him/her even knowing that he/she has done a lot. It's so amazing how those people on the story above met. It only proves one thing, that there's more to life than all the worries that we have. It's telling us that life can still be beautiful amidst all our problems. And that on our darkest times, the least that we could do is hope for something better to happen.

17 comments:

Ron Jalmasco said...

amen to that kitoy!

jm valdeviezo said...

touching...
touching lives... hmmmmm

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

hehehe... diber? :)

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

ikaw te ha... gina huna hunaan nimu ug dili mao akong post... hehehe... wholesome post baya ni... :)

jm valdeviezo said...

hehehe.. i can't help it..
cge cge, wholesome mode ta run..

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

dapat lang...!!! dedicated baya ni kay kuya roi... char!

jm valdeviezo said...

hahaha roi jampong??
kaw nah..

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

yeah... wala pa lageh ko ka get over... hehhee

jm valdeviezo said...

hahaha....i'll let him know...
how bout my ruffy??? hehehehe

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

omg!!! paki refresh gani nang si ruffy??? :)

jm valdeviezo said...

hahahaha...
bsta woi, bet nimo na friend ni joie.. na friend diay nko...
hihi

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

yeah!!! ka remember na ko!!! hahaha... omg!!! kadtong payat??? hahaha... straight man to sya. hmpf!

jm valdeviezo said...

ala lng...
musta na daw ka...
woiiiiiiiii

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

dili man sya naga reply dai... chaka!!! ok ra ko... hopeful japon...

jm valdeviezo said...

nwala man iyang dating fone..
gkawat daw..
PM ko sau yung new no. nya...

Lemuel Kit Loma said...

swear??? omg!!! excited for his new number... :)

jm valdeviezo said...

ok.. sent nah!!