MY SHELL: Where I Keep On Ranting

-♥♥♥-

I always thought that I’ve A PERFECT LIFE. But one thing that I’ve discovered as I go along with life is this, that there can never be such thing as PERFECT. Some things in life will just make us cry, sad, alone but in the long run they will make us smile and happy. Life is just amazing. I was wrong. The beauty of life lies within its IMPERFECTION. The least that I can do is MASTER THE FACT THAT NO ONE CAN LIVE LIFE PERFECTLY.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eulogy: MEMORY BOX

My sister woke me up as early as 5 am asking me if I could write her a Eulogy. As if she died and I was a friend who delivered a eulogy for her. I was so pissed off being disturbed at the peak of my very good sleep. I thought it's for her English subject. As a loving brother, I just replied OKI DOKI. Later on, I discovered it's such a hard work for me. (sigh)

Lately, I had a writer's bug so that it was so difficult for me to come up with an introduction for the eulogy. Aside from that, it scared me to write about it as I'm always scared thinking about a death of someone. But I was able to write something that sounded like a eulogy though.


------------------------


Too bad, I’m telling her all these when she’s not anymore able to hear it.

If I’m to give a title to my life with Malone, it’ll be MEMORY BOX. Just like the box, some things I shared with her when she’s still alive will always be cherished, treasured, kept and foremost lived with. My almost 20 years of life wouldn’t be the same without her. We had our share of fights, laughter, and even tears. And right now, I’m missing her so much. But what keeps me going on without her is the fact that like a MEMORY BOX, I can still have her with me in my life even with her absence. That is by just looking back to the things that we shared and thinking of the things both bad and good that she’s able to share with me.

I wouldn’t be the person that I am right now if not because of her. I was supposed to give up doing well in school and in life in general for financial and emotional reasons when she came and showed to me that problems indeed are not reasons for us to give up but challenges to improve ourselves. And our deficiencies are not excuses for us to back out but inspirations to move forward. I knew that she just got that from a text message forwarded to her by another friend, but she was there reminding me all those things. She didn’t only do it via her words, but she showed it to me as well. She showed to me how to be strong and how to fight life’s greatest challenges. And for showing me that, I became the same person - someone who’s better.

I became a person who’s strong enough to stand up amidst all obstacles that I encountered. I became better in the sense that I now know how to weigh things over and in the long run come up with good decisions. Though the decisions I made are not all the times good, but I am able to cope with them by my flexibility and optimism.

As I said, I wasn’t that kind of person before. I was weak, brittle, indecisive and pessimistic. I always got easily hurt, frustrated and hopeless. Not until I saw Malone fought for her trials in life. She’s always been optimistic. She was supposed to destroy her life when her family broke up. Just like other kids from a broken family, she could easily give up schooling, be alcoholic and worst, be dependent to drugs. But, no! She didn’t do that. Instead, she stood up, went on with life with a chin up and said, ‘I could make it!’ She made to enjoy her life and live as if she didn’t have problems of her own. Now, she even dies smiling.

‘Life’s to short to be wasted,’ she’s always telling me that once she saw me down with a frown on my face. She’s right. And she had her way of living life to the fullest. At first, I thought it was so silly. She was always inviting me to an event for a cause. She gave food, parties, clothes, comfort and other stuff to those abandoned children, elders, disabled and people who she thought need them the most. I was thinking, those people are not really her responsibility. I mean, they were not even related to her. I always wondered why instead of spending her time becoming a rich child of a broken family, she exhausted all her energies showing love to those what we call unloved. Later on, I just knew, life’s more than the money, school grades and recognitions and achievements that we get. It’s more of how you live life with the people around you. That is the essence of life. I don’t know if she’s able to read the book Tuesdays with Morrie, but it reminds me of what Morrie said. It goes, “The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.”

She’s a happy helper I could say. Never did she count all the things that she had done for someone. Never did she think of helping just so that she could get something in return. I was always a witness to all these. I was there with her when she received all the world’s criticisms when all she did was just help the one who deserved all those meanness. She didn’t even fight back. She didn’t even say a word. But instead, she just went on again and continued what she’d believed the right thing to do. And she’s doing all the help wholeheartedly with a smile and without inhibitions.

She might have imperfections. It’s normal as we are just human beings. But in her almost 20 years of living life, what she showed were examples that all of us should follow. This would make life much easier and worth living. I want to continue her causes of making life a wonderful place to live with amidst all the problems that we have.

At this point, I just would like to say how much I appreciate her coming to my life. I thank her for becoming the best friend not only to me but to everyone as well. She touched my and our lives with the things that she did for us. And I can never forget her for that. I want to shout straight at her face, with all my energies how great she is and how I thank her so much and love her. If I was able to show to her and let her feel that I love her back, I’m not sure of this. But one thing I know of and I told you this right at the start of this speech that, LIFE WOULDN’T BE THE SAME WITHOUT HER.

I wish she’s here as I’m telling her how much I and all of us love and thank her for becoming a part of our lives.

Sad though but the least that we could is, TREASURE THOSE MEMORIES WITH HER AND THE LESSONS THAT SHE IMPARTED TO US LIKE A MEMORY BOX. It’s kept, cherished and always looked back and live with.

Thank you.

No comments: