MY SHELL: Where I Keep On Ranting

-♥♥♥-

I always thought that I’ve A PERFECT LIFE. But one thing that I’ve discovered as I go along with life is this, that there can never be such thing as PERFECT. Some things in life will just make us cry, sad, alone but in the long run they will make us smile and happy. Life is just amazing. I was wrong. The beauty of life lies within its IMPERFECTION. The least that I can do is MASTER THE FACT THAT NO ONE CAN LIVE LIFE PERFECTLY.

Friday, August 1, 2008

RANT # 4: ON NICOLE

Just had a debate against a fellow student about what happened on Nicole’s rape case. I was the pro-Nicole and he was the pro-American Soldiers. The debate really caused me to shake in anger as I had been so passionate about this issue.

It’s really so appalling to realize that a rape victim, amidst all the evidences there are, has to prove first his/her innocence before the court and the people. What is more appalling is that a Filipino leans ones side to the oppressors who are unfortunately aliens of this country and obviously are guilty of a crime even putting all the blame to the oppressed which in this case is Nicole.

He said that it was all Nicole’s fault simply because she put herself into that situation by simply going to the bar. If she should’ve stayed home, nothing might have happened to her.

I really found this argument very funny. We are entitled to be happy, to experience going to bars and the like. A lot of girls actually are going to bars and be with the guys they happen to meet there without even being raped and treated like that of Nicole. Nicole to begin with, didn’t expect that such will happen to her. Who would’ve thought of an honored American soldier to do such a thing especially to her? Not me either.

Another thing that he told was, Nicole might love the idea of her being fucked by Smith and other American soldiers.

That is possible. But I don’t think she loves the idea of being left naked and unconscious on the road after being fucked. Even if let’s say, the activity was done with consent at first, we cannot forgive the kind of treatment Smith and company gave to Nicole after. A normal person cannot do that even. Just perverts can.

And lastly, even prostitutes can be raped if Nicole really was a prostitute.

This is not just an issue of Nicole’s rape case but also an issue of national security and national independence. The VFA with the Americans is not doing anything good for our country already. We couldn’t anymore see the point of asking for military help from the Americans because we are not anymore in the battle against a country. This just aggravates the whole peace and order situation in our country especially that a lot of anti-America terrorists are hitting on us because we have this tie with the American government.

What we need is actually political will to heal all the wounds we got from the colonization of our country and move on to a better, united and politically, socially, culturally, and even economically developed country. Not the American’s military assistance.

Nicole is but a victim. My pro-American opponent is also a victim of American-orientation. It’s good that at least, for the first time, an AMERICAN RAPIST has been convicted. I just hope all of these will finally come to an end. There will be no more Nicole anymore. The only way of doing it I guess is, scrap the root cause… scrap VFA.


No comments: